What is PMP?
Project Management Professionals (PMP®) are certified project managers by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). PMP certification is a valued and globally recognized credential in the field of project management. PMI, the world’s leading trade association to advance the field of project management, issues the PMP certification after candidates have passed a rigorous exam. Certified Project Management Professionals must maintain their certification with 60 PDHs (professional development hours) every three years.
Who is PMI?
PMI is the world’s leading not-for-profit project management professional association. PMI supports over half a million members in 170 countries worldwide. PMI members are individuals practicing and studying project management in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, chemicals, construction, information technology, healthcare, finance and banking, retail, and many others.
PMI offers a comprehensive certification program for project practitioners of all education and skill levels. These certifications ensure that you and your projects excel.
Benefits of PMP Certification
Some benefits of PMP certification follow.
- Globally recognized and respected certification: PMP certification is a globally recognized and respected certification provided by PMI, the leading association of Project Management Professionals. With a 12% per year increase in the number of certified PMPs/CAPM credential holders every year, PMI certification is the de-facto industry standard for Project Managers.
- PMP certification recognizes your expertise in Project Management: PMP certification demonstrates to your current and potential employers that you have a solid foundation of project management knowledge, which can be readily applied at the workplace. You can hit the ground running and successfully manage any project – large or small!
- You will be a member of one of the most prestigious professional groups: By attaining the PMP certification, your name will be included in the largest and most prestigious group of certified Project Management Professionals.
- Higher salary: Research shows that project managers that hold PMP certification earn more than their counterparts who do not this valued certification.
- Better job opportunities: With the requirements for qualified Project Managers expected to increase exponentially in the future, the job market for PMP Certified managers will only get better. Many job listings require PMP certification in order for candidates to apply.
- Globally recognized by leading companies: PMP certification is endorsed by leading companies. In fact, they encourage their project managers to earn their PMP certification.
For further information regarding the benefits of the PMP certification and to register for free information, please visit PMI.
Simple-PDH is an authorized training partner with VMEdu. We offer many different options for you to study, learn, and earn your PMP certification. We customize training courses to build on our industry and university experience so you not only earn your PMP certification but you also learn practical examples to apply to a variety of project management cases. Check your eligibility requirements.
The PM Study program is offered in several formats: self-study, facilitated webinars, and face-to-face. Please check the schedule for our next instructor-led PMP Boot Camps. We also offer customized project management training courses for corporate clients. A popular option is a two-day general course for employees with a 20-hour add-on course for those interested in PMP certification. Self-study courses are also popular if you have 1-2 hours per day for study. Check out the available PMP on-line courses.
PMP Boot Camps include access to over 1000 practice questions, additional online videos and study guides, and access to a mobile app. Check out the PMP Boot Camp overview and current schedule. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Register for Free Practice Questions
Please complete the contact form below to receive free PMP Practice Questions. Please type “PMP QUESTIONS” in the subject line.